Sunday 6 March 2016

My first catwalk shoot - Christopher Kane's SS16 collection



I have chosen to design my first catwalk look for Christopher Kanes SS16 show as I love the colours and patterns on the clothing in the collection and I am a fan of his work. As the models make-up was very minimal in this show, it gave me the opportunity to design completely from scratch and to be as creative and free as I want to be drawing inspiration from the outfits showcased on the runway. I thought of loads of ideas that I could do to create a really bright, fun face chart that would go with the aesthetic of this collection really well. 
My first thoughts when seeing this collection is that I want to focus on colour mostly in my designs, then texture secondly.
I would describe this collection as fun, bright, bold, postmodern and use of mismatched textures and materials.
Here are some of my favourite outfits from the show:


 
 
 



 References:
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3JBZaZVQtE
http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2016-ready-to-wear/christopher-kane#collection

No comments:

Post a Comment