Thursday 11 February 2016

TECHNICAL FILE - A simple bridal chignon & adding accessories

In Lotties lesson today we learnt how to do a basic bridal chignon which is the perfect base for many different variations and model takes on this popular bridal hair style. We also got to pick out of a few accessories/jewellery to add to the hairstyle. I chose a simple string of pearls as I think white pearls are the perfect accessory for anything to do with weddings.

Tools and equipment:
  • Paddle brush
  • Tail comb
  • Grips and pins
  • A hair band
  • Accessories of choice
  • Dry shampoo
  • Hair spray
  1.  I first brushed all the knots of of the hair as I wanted this style to be as sleek as possible
  2. I then added Batiste XXL styling spray as I find it really helps add volume but makes the styling so much easier as I find the hair works with me better after this product
  3. I side parted the hair at the front and sectioned off the two front pieces to just behind the ear
  4. I then started with the rest of the hair at the back and brushed it into a sleek, neat, low ponytail and secured it with a small hair band
  5. I took the lengths off the ponytail and started back combing the top side of it for stiffness
  6. When I finished back combing I rolled the ponytail from the bottom up towards the crown and when it was similar to a sausage shape (but not tight) I took hair grips and pinned it on each side of the tube to secure it firmly
  7. I then inserted my fingers on either side of the bun and spread it out so it sort of fans out into a larger, wider bun and is not longer like a tube but touches the sides of the hair instead. I pinned this into place to secure the new shape.
  8. I then took my string of pearls and fashioned them around the bun, pinning them into the style so they don't fall out of place
  9. With the the two front pieces of hair I plaited them and brought them round the back of the head and over as it they were like an alice band, I then pinned them into place when I was happy with the location.

No comments:

Post a Comment