Thursday 18 February 2016

NARS SS16 Advertising campaign

I decided that as well as doing research into general beauty trends for Spring/Summer 2016 that were showcased at the SS16 fashion weeks, as NARS is the brand I am basing my work around I would look at their SS16 advertising campaign and also new collection. 
I went onto the NARS website and to the 'New' button and discovered the Velvet Matte Skin Tint and Spring 2016 Color Collection. The advertisement images were beautiful and just breathe a breath of fresh air with the clean, soft, fresh faced, pastels. You know this is a Spring collection just from the colours and make-up worn by the model. There was also an advertisement film for the Velvet Matte Skin Tint and I really loved it so found it on Youtube so you could see it too. This film made me realise the power of advertising as the women in the videos seem to have really luxurious, glamorous lifestyles when they are in the pool, sunbathing looking beautiful and also very relaxing and calm in their flash looking apartments. It also has the summer feeling with beautiful weather and then warm evenings. To me it sells the idea of a luxury lifestyle and when you buy the brand you are buying into a bit of that lifestyle too.

Advertisement video:


These are the advertisement images I saw on the website for the Velvet Matte Tint:



Editorial images:
http://models.com/work/nars-cosmetics-nars-cosmetics-spring-2016/470883

http://models.com/work/nars-cosmetics-nars-cosmetics-spring-2016/470883
 All these images have the same colour palette, pale, pastels and they are all very bright and fresh looking. When I see them it reminds me of spring days and blossom starting to grow on tree's. I think the advertisement images and the editorial go beautifully and perfectly together. This has made me think that although I want my catwalk images to be quite creative and high fashion, I would like my more toned down beauty images for editorial and advert to compliment eachother really well like these above and really tell the story of the collection together. 
The make-up in these images is very natural, a 'barely there' finish with completely flawless skin advertising the Velvet Matte Skin Tint with pink tinted lips, natural looking groomed brows and minimal eye make-up. In the last image there is more make-up on the eyes featuring some black winged eyeliner and mascara with a slightly darker rose tinted lip but still nothing too bold that distracts from the flawless, glowing, spring skin.

 Credits:

  • Francois Nars - Creative Director
  • Elisa Ferri - Manicurist
  • Mariacarla Boscono - Model
  •  References:
    http://narscosmetics.co.uk/en_GB/velvet-matte-skin-tint-2016.html 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6xmeqm8k7Q 
    http://models.com/work/nars-cosmetics-nars-cosmetics-spring-2016/470883

    No comments:

    Post a Comment