Sunday 7 February 2016

Catwalk contouring

For catwalk contouring we had to create a natural, flawless and sculpted look using the skills from catwalk bases last week with a highlighting and shading demo Fenella did before we began.

Fenella's notes on MyCourse:
Inspiration Image:
Dolce and Gabanna SS16
 I chose this as my inspiration image as it isn't over done, it looks quite natural and you can see this isn't all make-up, it is where her facial structure actually is. The lips are the main part of this make-up which I like as I don't think over the top contouring ever looks that nice so in my attempt at catwalk contouring I want it to look natural and not take over the face.

Before - no make-up
 Products:
  • Make-up brushes (Real Techniques, Crown Brush and Charles Fox)
  • Garnier Micellar water
  • Nivea Q10 day cream
  • MAC Fix+
  • Smashbox Photo Ready hydrating primer
  • Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer
  • Kryolan Ultra Foundation
  • Kryolan Glamour Glow palette
  • Illamasqua Sculpting duo
  • Illasmaqua translucent powder
  • L'Occitane lip balm
Step-by-step:

  1. My model wasn't wearing any make-up so I just removed any excess dirt with some micellar water on a cotton pad
  2. I then applied a moisturising day cream with my hands and let it sink into her skin as she had a few dry patches due to the cold weather
  3. After the moisturiser had sunk in I spritzed her face with Fix+ spray and let that sink in
  4. I then applied a primer all over her face to prep it for the make-up
  5. I used a foundation brush to apply the correct skin match shade of the Kryolan Ultra Foundation which I thinned down a bit with some Fix+ spray as I didn't want it to be as heavy on the skin. I then buffed this in with a buffing brush
  6. I used Collection 2000's Lasting Perfection Concealer in shade 01 to conceal dark circles and any blemishes on the skin and patted this in with my middle finger
  7. As the concealer is in a paler shade to the actual skin I used this to highlight areas where the light naturally hits first like the forehead, nose, cheekbones, cupids bow and chin
  8. Using a concealer brush and the darkest shade in our Ultra Foundation palette I drew on rough lines where the face contours lie naturally like the cheekbones, jaw line, sides of the nose, eyelid crease and temples. I buffed these into the skin so that they just enhanced where the hollows are naturally to define the shape of the face more. I didn't want it to be harsh and over dramatic contouring
  9. I set the face by applying Illamasqua translucent powder with a powder brush before doing some powder contouring and highlighting
  10. I used the second lightest shade of the highlighting colours in my Kryolan Glamour Glow palette to enhance the areas I already highlighted using the concealer before
  11. I then used a mix of the contouring shade 'Heliopolis' in the Illamasqua sculpting duo palette and the most grey toned shade in my Kryolan Glamour Glow palette as I wanted to make the contours look as much like natural shadows as I could. I used a contouring brush and tapped off the excess product as much as possible as like the highlighting, I didn't want it to look too unnatural and obvious
  12. I finished the look by applying some lip balm to my models lip





No comments:

Post a Comment