Sunday 24 April 2016

Catwalk shoot 2 - Giles SS16 collection

For my second catwalk look I am designing the makeup and hair for the Giles Deacon SS16 collection show. The show was held at an Elizabethan style banquet hall at Whitehall and red head model Karen Elson was described as looking like a "genetic clone of Queen Elizabeth I, reanimated to preside over some postapocalyptic England" (Singer, 2015). The designer Giles Deacon was inspired for his collection by the location it was held at and Queen Elizabeth herself.

The model I wanted to use for my second catwalk image suits this collection perfectly as she has red hair, pale skin and shares similarities to model Lily Cole in my opinion so I thought I could create a really exciting look using beauty trends from the SS16 catwalks to suit this collection perfectly and my model will make it work even better as I could imagine her actually gracing the Giles SS16 runway with a beautiful makeup and hair look. (See post: Catwalk 2 model)

Here  are some images that I really liked the clothing in:


 

References:
http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2016-ready-to-wear/giles 
http://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/spring-2016-ready-to-wear/giles#collection

No comments:

Post a Comment