Friday 22 April 2016

TECHNICAL FILE - Beach waves

Technique 1: 

Equipment:

  • Sea salt spray
  • Mousse
  • Hair brush
  • Hair dryer with a diffuser on the end
  1. First I brushed the area of hair through with a paddle brush
  2. Then I dampened the hair by spraying it with water
  3. Then I put some mousse in the hair and scrunched it so it became messy and wavy, if I was to do this again I would use sea salt spray also to help achieve a really beachy finish
  4. Once I was happy with the amount of product in the hair and had scrunched the ends with my hands I turned on the hair dryer with the diffuser attached to the end and scrunched the hair into the diffuser with a warm, medium setting on until the hair was dry and had set into the messy beach waved look I wanted







Technique 2: 

Equipment:

  • Hair brush
  • Hair straighteners
  1. I began by brushing the hair through until knot-free to make it more manageable
  2. Then I took a piece of hair and twisted it until the whole piece of hair was twisted root to tip
  3. I then repeated step 2 with a second piece of hair of the same size as before
  4. Once I had two twisted pieces of hair I then twisted these two together
  5. To set the twists I ran the hair straighteners up and down the piece of hair about twice
  6. Once I untwisted the hair pieces I got the finish that was required, the hair looks like it has dried after you have been in the sea and soaked your hair with the salt water and is knotty
  7. I then repeated all the above steps until the whole section of hair I was styling were complete





Technique 3: 

Equipment:

  • Hair brush
  • Curling wand
  1. I first brushed my section of hair through so that it was easier to curl
  2. Then I took my curling wand, held it upside down and wrapped a piece of hair around the barrel, leaving the bottom 2 inches of hair uncurled to achieve a less styled, looser, messier finish at the end
  3. I repeated this method of curling till the whole section of hair was in lovely loose beach waves
  4. I then gently ran my fingers through the hair to make it look like natural, more glamorous beach waves than the other two techniques and to make it look like it hasn't been styled with a curling wand.
  5. This was my favourite technique out of the three, although I think the other two are more realistic beach waves, I like that this technique is more pretty and really suited beaks long, thick hair.


Freshly curled

Pulled through gently with fingers

Pulled through slightly rougher to create a messier finish

All 3 techniques: (Left to right: Curled, twisted then scrunched with product)







No comments:

Post a Comment