Friday 22 April 2016

TECHNICAL FILE - Fingerwaves

Dry finger waves

Equipment:

  • Curling wand
  • Section clips
  • Tail comb
  • Hair brush
  • Hair spray
  1. After I had brushed the section of hair through I used a curling wand to take the place of rollers and curl the hair and pin into place with a section clip to cool as if it was a roller, I did a whole row of these down the side of the head
  2. Once cooled I removed the clips and brushed through gently with my brush
  3. I then took a tail comb and began to comb into the style required, putting section clips in to hold its place as I styled the rest
  4. Once I removed the clips this is the finish I achieved  with the dry waving technique 
If I was to do this again I would use actual rollers and product on Bekah as she has very long, heavy hair so the curling wand method was quite tricky as the style dropped very quickly.




Wet fingerwaves

Equipment:

  • Water spray
  • Hair gel
  • Tail comb
  • Hair brush
  • Section clips
  1. After brushing I began by spraying the hair down with water to dampen and then applied some hair gel to help hold the style
  2. I then took my tail comb and holding the comb tightly to the head, I pushed away from the face with the side of my hand above the comb to give the comb somewhere to push into
  3. I used a section clip to hold the hair where I had just combed it to and then combed the hair in one slick move towards the face to create the S shape
I found this technique pretty tricky so it took me a couple of times to get it right. Below are two images from my first few attempts and the last 3 images are when I was really happy with how it turned out and finished.





Finished results:



No comments:

Post a Comment