Monday 25 April 2016

Giles SS16 evaluation

I am really pleased with how this image came out, I feel like the lighting and models pose showcases the makeup, hair and styling really well to suit the fashion collection it was for. I was worried that the freckles I painted on wouldn't show up properly on camera with certain lighting but I am pleased that they did. I think the dress I chose for the styling suits the Giles collection as there were loads of white, high neck dresses and I think the lace gave a regal feel alongside the Elizabeth inspired hair and makeup, I put the dress on my model back to front so the zip showed as I think this gave a modern twist and very on trend. I like the way the gold eyeshadow on the center of the lips gave a subtle antique, worn effect that goes with the royal theme. The gold metallic accent underneath the eye compliments the lip but one doesnt distract from the other, the gold accents are in support of each other. The eyelashes showcase a take on a SS16 trend while still suiting the look and the doll like wispy individual lashes don't distract from the other aspects of the makeup. I love that the braids have a very renaissance feel with the red hair and the pale skin, the hair being in a down style was also meant to represent youth in the model as in the Elizabethan era only young girls had really long hair that was worn down - This links with the doll eyelashes representing nostalgia for youth.
I struggled at first with the lighting and camera settings. The images were coming out way too warm and the light wasn't flashing so we had to overcome these technical issues, luckily I had a friend on hand who is pretty familiar with lighting set ups so after playing around with the camera for a bit and moving the light around and making it brighter and dimmer we found the perfect lighting. 
Overall I am really happy with how my look came out and I am happy with the finished image, I enjoyed doing two catwalk looks as it gave me a chance to do something completely different to my first catwalk look.

No comments:

Post a Comment